Monday, May 9, 2011

Play Date # 80 & Paper Smooches GDT


Hey everyone!! So since yesterday was Mother's Day.. Which we call Mom's day.. since my kids call me Mom.. :) anyway, I made a special card for my Mom who is not only MOM but my BEST FRIEND.. I used a template that you can get for free see this POST and also I was truly inspired by this weeks Play Date Cafe Challenge colors, Red, Orange, and White.. Since the inspirational picture was of flowers, I took the green from it too :)



So I made a shaped card, and the stamp set called Friendly Flowers


from Paper Smooches..I just love all of Kim's designs (she is the sponsor of The Play Date Cafe this week too) they are all so adorable.
I colored them using copic markers, cut them out, embossed the cloud using my cuttlebug, I used Martha Stewart shredding scissors to make the grass oh then used puffy paint to go around the cloud.. This truly was so much fun to make.. and super simple..

Here is a 3d shot so you can see some of the texture and the fun grass going everywhere. I crinkled it to make it pop..



and a fun side view of the card.. I hope you have enjoyed my creation.. HUGS

Challenges

PDC-Color Challenge


Paper Smooches- GDT

Ladybugs Craft Ink-Spots (background, and friend word, oh and puffy paint)

Incy Wincy-Mother's Day

Simon Says- Anything Goes
Lexis Creations-Friendship
Paper Play Challenge- Show us your style
Stamp Challenge-Digi Day's (clouds)
Sparkle Creations-Shaped Card
Pin It

7 comments:

Kim H said...

Yes i am still here! I am in LOVE with this card too! I LOVE the colors, the cloud shape, the embossing and again your attention to detail! I love those MS sissors!I just read your bio... I can see why you have been published and won many awards! I am in AWE! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Andrea Ewen said...

Fabulous shape and wonderful dimension, Alison! Those flowers are just darling and the texture really adds to your super design! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Julie M said...

What a lovely card, Alison - love the texture and bright colours and cartoon-y elements - great fun.

Thanks for joining us at PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

Anonymous said...

How FUN is this card?! I love it, absolutely love it!! Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

That is a DARLING 3D card for your mom! So clever. THanks for hanging it in our gallery at 'The Cafe!

Jaclyn Miller said...

I super duper uper shmooper love your shaped card. The clouds are adorable and love that fringed grass! Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

Terry said...

Hiya Alison thank you very much for sharing your wonderfull card with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs Terry xxxx