Sunday, August 30, 2009

Free as a Bird

Okay so over at Get Sketchy they are having a way fun sketch challenge this week.. I wanted to do something that was out of the box, had a lot of elements, and REALLY reflected my style.. I also love the colors at this weeks SPCC Challenge so I wanted to use those too.. Whimsey Stamp is having a challenge to add a touch of "Sparkle" so I made sure to add the Micro beads, and the cat eye beads the shine and SPARKLE.. And since I am going to be giving this card to my friend who is going to be having a baby.. I also entered it into the Creative Inspirations challenge too..I had so much fun creating this card.. My little girl was sick all week so it was a great way to release some of my mommy stress.. it was way over due I hope you like this card as much as I LOVED making it.. :)

The front of the card Closed.. I used a sheer ribbon, and a dark brown Ric Rak, I added a tag with some fun sheer polka dot ribbon.. The stamp set I used in this card was the CTMH set bird basics, I used it for my little bird, the "Free as a Bird" quote, and also the swirls behind the little tag..
The front of my card Open.. Yep you are seeing right.. I cut the circle out of the front of the card.. but when it is closed I still wanted to give that illusion that the card is all just one dimension..

The side view of the card Opened a little bit.. I also wanted to make sure that the circles were noticeable.. since the sketch was so fun to work with.. So I added the stitching on BOTH circles to give it more texture and dimension.

The side view of my card Opened.. I added little circles to the inside of the card to give it some personality when you opened it.. I also embossed the EDGES of the scallop for a little more variety..

I really loved the circle idea, but I wanted to add some more elements.. so I decided to add some safety pins, with some cat eye glass beads to really make it fun.. You can't really see here but these SHINE in the sun and the light.. I LOVE these beads they are so much fun..

For my little bird I also wanted to add a little dimension to it.. so i used a pop dot behind the wing, and added micro beads to the feathers and the head swirls.. again just to add a little more fun.
As Always..... THANKS for LOOKING.. and thank you to all who have commented on my cards.. they really make my week.. :) HUGS
Everyone has a "Love Tank.." Help fill mine up.. Leave a comment.. HUGS
Pin It

No comments: