Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Paper Smooches GDT Week 2

It's my second week as the Guest DT spot for Paper Smooches. I have to say that I am having so much fun creating using Kim's stamps. I think these stamps are so versatile and really there are endless possibilities.. only your creativity!
So for this card I used 2 different sets, A little lovin (frogs) and Alphadots (dots for the clouds, and the grass, the words be unique.. I thought it would be fun to make a little "leap frog" card! Do you remember playing that game when you were little??
I used Martha Stewart's shredding scissors to create the grass. I stamped circles using the 3x method.. so you stamp once then move it over (don't re-ink yet) stamp again, and then again.. it gives it a really fun multi stamp effect.. I also used the cute little long strip of circles to create the "jumping mark for the frog"
Copic markers were used to color all my froggies, and to give the pink one her spots. :) I also used puffy paint to go around the clouds to make them "pop".. Ohh.. I used the cloud from Spiffy Scooters stamp set. I cut it out and used the negative as a template to stamp the dots in the cloud. I hope that makes sense.

Challenges-
We Memories-4+colors white, black, light pink, dark pink, green, blue, light green
Stampalot Challenge-Whatever you fancy
Ladybug crafts ink-favorite stamps (paper smooches)
For my second card, I wanted to create a big flower.. So when I saw the lemon I thought "flower leaves" then the banana looked like a scallop to me. I also used the blueberry stamp for the center. This is what I came up with. I used 3 different stamps sets for this card, Fruitastic, Boob tubes, & FOLKal Point. The design on the leaves, do you recognize it ? YEP it's that cute shape from Boob Tubes. The sentiment Thank You is from the FOLKal Point set.
I placed a little dab of puffy paint to bring the scallops together.. :) I hope you are having a wonderful day!! Thanks so much for stopping by! HUGS
Challenges-
Sentimental Sundays-flower plus sentiment
paper Creators-all about flowers
Pin It

12 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow Alison.. great cards.. I love them.
You are very creative.

brenda said...

Two super cards Alison.

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Stampalot Challenge this month.

B x

farmhouse-story said...

amazing work the the stamps, alison! your creativity here is over the top wonderful!

lemon=flower....never in a 100 years would i have come up with that:)

Jenny said...

It really shows how much you're enjoying your stamps, the flower is totally amazing and very tropical!
Love the froggies especially the hopping marks..so clever :)
I can't wait for Weds to see your cards for PS :)
Jenny x

Unknown said...

Funky Flower, Thanks for joining us at Paper Creator`s Crafts

pinky said...

Two gorgeous cards, love the colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

pinky said...

Opps! Thanks for joining us at LCI this month.
Pinky

Janna Werner said...

stop making so many vute cards or I will run out of words!!! :D sooo lovely! Janna xx

Lisa Elton said...

Super cute cards! Love the little kangaroo in that set!!

Karen B. said...

What a way to showcase these stamps! I loved leapfrog growing up and now I'm just to big (in size) to play!

Tracy said...

Fab Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Emily Leiphart said...

These are the cutest, Alison! The leap frog card is so much fun and I love the 'be unique' sentiment. I keep thinking I need one of those but soon I'll be able to make my own! ;) I love making flowers out of other stamps and yours is beautiful.