Wednesday, January 13, 2010

PDCC #12 Spread your wings and fly butterflies

It's that time again.. The Play Date Cafe Challenge.. and this week I got to choose the color pallet..
It has been so cold, and there has been so much snow.. this photo immediately captivated my attention.. the blues had almost a crystal effect to them.. I thought wouldn't it be cool to try to captivate the colors and that glittery/crystal feeling of this photo onto paper.. well here is my project..
I used a brand new Digital Stamp from Stretch N' Bubbles called Spread your wings, and Butterflies 1,2,& 3..I ended up using my copics and colored these digital stamps with a monochromatic feel.. I added some glitter puffy paint to the butterflies and placed them on pop dots to give it a more 3d effect. Then I sewed the edges of my scallops giving it a very subtle feel to the sewing but enough that you noticed it.. added a thin ribbon, and a butterfly charm.. oh I also used the same glitter puffy paint for the dots on top of the scallops..

I hope you will come and join in on the fun and play along with us this week..HUGS
I have entered this creation into these challenges
Colour Create Challenge-Kraft, Blue, & White
ABC Challenge-Layering
Creative Belli Blog-Glitter & Bling
Be Crafty-Thank you card
Pink Elephant-Birthday
Everyone has a "Love Tank.." Help fill mine up.. Leave a comment.. HUGS
Pin It

12 comments:

Jane said...

just beautiful!

Sandi said...

Alison, love your boarders and the details, just lovely. Hugs

Julie Ranae said...

I am such a fan of dimension and this card has it all! Love the color combo this week, Alison!

terrie said...

Your card is awesome...I just love the color blue....well done

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

The blue is just beautiful, Alison! Those butterflies have so much dimension to them, and the sparkle is wonderful! thanks for joining us in the Belli Challenge....and come again!

Kathryn B said...

Alison your card is soooo NICE! I love all the DETAILS you put into this. The stitching the puff on the butterflies the inked edges and the soft blue colors. I just love looking at it! Great job!
;0)

Jo Nevill said...

Gorgeous card, I just love those butterflies.

Thank you for joining us at Colour Create this week.

Jo xx

Yvonne said...

And I thought I had done good with 3 challenges!
Just adore the butterflies. so pretty!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

A beautiful card Alison. The butterflies are gorgeous and they look fabulous in a monochrome blue. I love the stickles you've added to them. Thanks for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge.
Sharon xx

Bee said...

Very pretty card, the blues are super with the scene. Thanks for joining in the Bee Crafty Challenge :)

Lorraine A said...

oohh Alison ,, this is just sooo pretty ! :-) I love this card ,,, the colours and images are beautiful ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the ABC Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

Pauline said...

Love it Love it Love IT! This is just gorgeous Alison.... I love these butterflies... its on my list!