Saturday, April 16, 2011

Hippie Chick

Hey everyone!! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.. :) As soon as I got this image I had to create a card with her.. do you ever find yourself with images that you just can't wait to color up.. Well Simply Sassy line is that for me..


I love using pop dot's to make elements POP off the card.. here I have used these pop dot's behind the flowers to give it more dimension..


I used Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Stain on the hearts and yellow flowers in the color of Red Hot Poker Orange, and on the cloud in Tibetan Poppy Teal.. I just love these 2 colors right now.. I love their products they really are shimmery....


I was so excited to get this stamp.. it is a design made by Krista Smith.. you can get her at Funky Kits this image is called Hippie Chick I adore the expression on her face.. when I saw this image I fell in love..

For my design, I used the sketch (the same one I used below for Simply Sassy's card) I used below.. I wanted to give it another shot.. as I really love these colors and thought it would be perfect for this project..I used Gina K paper for this project.. of course knowing me I stiched everything down and distessed the edges of all the flowers.. :)


Thanks so much for stopping by and looking.. :) HUGS

I am entering into these challenges.

Simply Sassy- GDT Call

Cute Card Thursday-Weather (flowers and spring trying to come through)

Ambers Crafts-Favorite Things (Simply Sassy Stamps)

Tuesday Throwdown-Sparkle and Bling( Lindy's stamp gang shimmers)

Top Tip Tuesday-Spring had Sprung

Simon Says-card for a child

Copic Creations-Fav Paper(Gina K)


Papertake Weekly-Truly Dimentional


Lets' Ink it up-Stitching

Stamptacular Sunday-Girls and swirls (Girl stamp, and flowers are in a swirl)



Inspired by EAD Designs


Moxie Fab I LOVE LOVE these colors these have to be my new fav. colors for the moment.. anything teal, red, and yellow.. :) I was instantly drawn to that beautiful mirror and those pillows..

Pin It

22 comments:

Denise said...

Another gorgeous card Alison - are you going to enter Sugar Nellie's next challenge on the Sugar Bowl - it runs fortnightly on a Thursday. In fact you still have time to enter the present one and that has a fab sketch. Hugs Denise xx

Jo said...

love that image! the card is so cute.

Sprytebyrd said...

Awesome card! The colors and flowers you've used are a perfect fit for this amazing image!
Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

Sharon Peele said...

Awesome job on your card, love the your coloring and stitching!! Thanks for joining us at let's Ink it Up and good luck!!!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

oh this is too cool! thanks for playing with us at EAD Designs color challenge!
liz :o)

Lynda said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

Heather said...

Fabulous colourcombo and layout and your colouring of the gorgeous Sassy girl is fabulous.

Thanks so much for joining us at both Copic Creations and the Simon Says Stamp challenges.
hugs
Heather xx

WencheP said...

I love your card, the colors are fabulous and the image is so cool!

Hugs,
Wenche

Deb said...

just beautiful, love how your flowers pop!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge!
Happy Crafting, Debxx

Fiona said...

love the colour combo you have used to colour this Hippie Chick...good luck!!

Fi
x

Claire said...

Beautiful card, love your colouring and the stitching is fab! Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck
Claire xx

Zuzana Obert said...

Beautiful card Alison! Thank you for playing along with Daring Cardmakers Spring Fling challenge.

Zuzana x x

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Alison! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Linda Wescott said...

Lovely bright and cheerful card - love your take on the inspiration pic, I am so scared of those lol. Thanks for joining us at Amber's Crafts and Stuff's Use your Favourites challenge this week, hope you see you back again. Hugs lin

The Crazy Crafting Lady said...

Love the colors!

I am so glad you joined us for our "My Favorite Things" challenge@ Amber's Crafts and Stuff.

~*~Amber~*~
www.amberscraftsandstuff.com

RoseC said...

Alison, you've made your Hippie Chick look marvelous in her red, yellow and teal. So glad to see your entry at Copic Creations. ~ Rose

Lauren said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown! We hope to see you again next week.

Lauren

~amy~ said...

Such a FUN card!!!!! Love what you've done! Thanks so much for joining us at EAD Designs!

Joanna said...

Wow what a fun card! Lovin all the details! Thanks for playing with us at EAD Designs! :)

Kerri said...

I love the colors and your coloring! Gorgeous card! Thank you so much for joining us at Your Next Stamp:)

Magento Themes said...

wow..colorful card..that flowers you've used in this card was looking beautiful..
I like your all collection.
thanks for this great post.
I'm eagerly waiting for your next post.Magento Themes

Unknown said...

What a great card! I love how you have incorporated the stitching. Do you like Magnolia's?? I have Magnolia candy on my blog if you are interested.
Alicia xx
http://alicia-timetocreate.blogspot.com/2011/04/mad-for-markers-dt-yr-rv-bg-colour_26.html